The Stalley Box Company can offer your organisation options in areas of archival storage for the following sectors:
1. General storage for items not requiring acid free materials, and for sorting/arranging collections prior to long term storage in acid-free boxes
2. Storage for items that require a pH neutral board rather than a total acid-free enclosure which adds to the expense when it may not be necessary
3. A total acid-free solution using Acid free boards and papers or Metal Edge 'Fastay' finished boxes for added rigidity
4. For larger items such as gowns, wooden implements etc, we can provide boxes produced from blue/grey acid-free board or polypropylene
5. For photographic storage we can supply polypropylene binders with slip-cases with 90micron protector pages
Metal Edge 'Fastay'
In the USA, the Metal Edge product is primarily the preferred option when producing archival storage boxes for acid-free storage solutions.
The Metal Edge 'Fastay' product, when used in conjunction with acid-free boards creates the perfect rigid box for all items of value, whether they are paper documents, books, newspapers, fabrics, etc.
'Fastay' also comes in a variety of colours that can be used to 'colour code' collections for easy identification in storage racks or shelving - black; chrome; blue; red; yellow; buff, and grey.
'Fastay' adds strength and rigidity to the boxes due to the fabricated design which enables boxes to be stacked one on top of the other (if required and dependent upon weight and shelf space) that can better utilise storage space available.